Thank you for joining me on my blog page. This page is dedicated to my many animals that I have and to help anyone who may have questions on how to care for an assortment of animals.
I am excited to no end to have my blog up and running. First I would love to introduce my self and my assortment of animals.
My name is Kandi and I have dedicated myself to my animals and my job. I am a credit counselor and will be going to school to become a vet. My animals are everything to me and that is why I decided that I would love to become a vet and work with other animals and give them the same love and devotion that I give to my own animals.
I have four cats- Miikka 4years, Kitta 3 years. Shanobi 1 and a half years, and Nimkei 8 months.
I also have 2 bearded dragons- Koda- 3 years and Sonya 1 year and 7 months.
I am also getting a Siberian Husky puppy who is only 4 days old as of right now. She is red and white and absolutley adorable! I still have about 8 weeks to go but it is well worth the wait!
I decided to get my first kitty when I moved out with my fiancee and we ended up getting two black and white male cats. Miikka was the runt and Piikka was a trouble maker. We loved those two more than anything else. They grew up just like brothers, they fought, they played the even picked on one another.
We had them since they were 6 weeks old. As you can see we no longer have Piikka. Piikka ended up getting astma as young cat at the age of 19 months. We tried everything and spent over $4000 on him and despite our efforts we ended up putting Piika down. Miikka missed his brother very much and was not the same after we put Piikka down. He just wouldn't eat, play and just basically was dying of lonelyness. I could not handle losing my little man.
We decided that it would be best to get another kitten for Miikka. That is when we checked Kijiji and found kittens. We ended up going to about 4 places and the only kittens we found were black and white. The pain I had felt from losing my little man I just could not stand to have another black and white one, thats when we found Kitta. She is grey and white, beautiful markings with a marking that looks like a smile around her lips. We just knew that she was the one! We brought her home and Miikka was mad. He hissed at her and despite our efforts he would have no part of her. We spoke to our vet and she let us know that it was how most cats react to new animals. We gave Miikka the space he needed but as kitta started to get a little bigger she pushed her way into him heart and life. From the moment she decided to jump on Miikka she was in his heart. They are now inseprable.
Last year my fiancee and I were living in a new place when one day we opened the door to find a baby kitten hanging off our screen door. We watched him for a few weeks, feed him (not telling eachother what we were doing) until one day my fiancee opened the door and in came Shanobi. He had to have only been 9 weeks old when he entered our house. He played with every toy that first day and neither Miikka or Kitta had any issues with him. They all played to gether and became best of friends. We were proud to have our 3rd cat. He acted right from the word go like a little prince.
We ended up moving into the house that we are in now. We had a roommate who had a cat. Her name is Nala, she was a terrible cat and always fought with our cats. She was not well taken care of, so Luc and myself decided to take it upon our selfs to take her to the vet and start feeding her the food that we fed our cats. We ended up giving her tons of attention and she turned out to be a very sweet girl! Our roommate ended up giving her away and moving out which left our youngest all depressed because Nala was around the same age as Shanobi so they became friends. The older two did not want to play with Shanobi often as they were at that point that they just wanted to have all of our attention.
So for my 24th birthday Luc decided he would take me to the humain society to adopt a kitten.
We went to there for 3 days in a row to find that they had none of the kittens out. On our 4th day we went there when they opened and waited 3 hours. Finally there was 4 batches of kittens. I walked by one of the doors and there was my little man Nimkei. It was love at first sight, I just knew that he was the one I wanted! I didn't even want to see any other kittens, I just wanted him. So we paid for him and had to wait to take him home.
I got all his paper work and away we went. They fixed him, gave him shots tattoo and micro chip. I was never happier to get the phone call to come and pick up the little man. They called me that day and said he was doing great and to pick him up. We brought him home that night and he was bouncing around, playing with Shanobi and running around. Later that night we brought him to bed with us and the rest of the cats and to this day they come to bed with me.
I am very proud to have all my animals and soon I will tell you my story of how we got our Dragons.
Thank you for reading.
Kandi
Hey Kandi!
ReplyDeleteThanks for share a piece of your life and your passion for animals! I can't wait to meet you both! It is so good to see other people who have the same passion and drive to help out animals and give them all that they need! Keep up the great work and I'll see you soon!
Peace, Blessings, Love & Light!
Christy